The Oklahoma Zoological Society (OZS), the Zoo's non-profit support group, provides grants to offset the cost of zoo education programs. These are available to pre-school through high school students, as well as youth and adult organizations.
Important Changes to ZFK Grants:
Interest in the ZFK grant program has grown significantly the last few years, as demonstrated by the ever-increasing number of applications submitted for review. As a result, some significant changes to the grant application process have been made:
|September 1, 2014
||Grant Application Submission Deadline
|September 15, 2014
||Grant Award Notification
|January 31, 2015
||Grant Scheduling Deadline
|February 1, 2015
||Wait List Notification Begins
|July 31, 2015
||Grant Use Deadline for 2014-2015 Cycle
|September 1, 2015
||Applications Due for 2015-2016 Grant Cycle
*Information regarding all ZFK Grant changes can be found here.
- Applicants for the Schools and Libraries Grant must select one of two program options, either classes on zoo grounds (for specific grades only) OR as outreach programs at awarded site.
- Applicants for the Nonprofits Grant are subject to the same program options mentioned above.
- A request for zoo admission, without a program, is available only to non-profit organizations by calling (405) 425.0638.
- Applications requesting education programs.
- Nonprofit social service and civic organizations and clubs.
- Schools and organizations in the Oklahoma City sales tax area.
- Schools with more than 50% of students receiving free or reduced lunches.
- Only completed applications are accepted.
- Grant applications are reviewed on a competitive basis.
- Funding is determined by availability of funds, socioeconomic status of participants, and how the group will benefit from the project.
- Grants cannot be used with other Zoo specials or promotions.
- Food costs, overnight programs, rides and shows are not covered under this grant.
- Transportation within a 25-mile radius of the Oklahoma City Zoo will be considered for partial funding.
- Funds not used in the appropriate time frame cannot be carried over, held or transferred.