Looking for an opportunity to teach your child about he natural world? Make the zoo your outdoor classroom for the day. Your child will enjoy an educational class with live animal demonstrations led by our educational staff.
Homeschool Fee Structure:
- Pre-registration required.
- Cost per student/child: $7.00 each (Regular Rate).
- Additional registered sibling(s) for the same grade/class: $3.50 each (Discounted Rate).
- Non-registered siblings pay regular zoo admission and enter through the zoo's main gate.
- 1 Parent/Teacher free for each completed transaction.
Ever wanted to take a safari around the world? Each month we will focus on a geographical location and see who lives there. There will be animal encounters, exhibit tours and much more as we learn about these fascinating places and the amazing animals that live there.
Wed, Dec. 4, 10:00 - 11:00 am (PreK - 2nd Grade) FULL
Wed, Dec. 4, 10:00 - 11:00 am (3rd-4th Grade)
Wed, Dec. 4, 10:00 - 11:00 am (5th-6th Grade)
Fri, Jan. 10, 10:00 - 11:00 am (PreK-K)
Fri, Jan. 10, 10:00 - 11:00 am (1st-2nd Grade)
Fri, Jan. 10, 10:00 - 11:00 am (3rd-4th Grade)
Fri, Jan. 10, 10:00 - 11:00 am (5th-6th Grade)
Fri, Feb. 14, 10:00 - 11:00 am (PreK-K)
Fri, Feb. 14, 10:00 - 11:00 am (1st-2nd Grade)
Fri, Feb. 14, 10:00 - 11:00 am (3rd-4th Grade)
Fri, Feb. 14, 10:00 - 11:00 am (5th-6th Grade)
Fri, Mar. 7, 10:00 - 11:00 am (PreK-K)
Fri, Mar. 7, 10:00 - 11:00 am (1st-2nd Grade)
Fri, Mar. 7, 10:00 - 11:00 am (3rd-4th Grade)
Fri, Mar. 7, 10:00 - 11:00 am (5th-6th Grade)
1. Home School Class is only for registered students. One Parent/Teacher is allowed
for each transaction, however they are not required to stay.
2. Options for additional siblings and adults: If not remaining in class with your child,
formally check them in with our staff. Please remember you must bring your ID
and pick up your child within ten minutes after the class ends. Lounge in the Education
backyard play area, but be sure to supervise your children. If a ZooFriends member,
you may enter through OZS to visit the zoo, however regular admission applies to
nonmembers at the zoo's main entrance.
3. Following the class, the child and their Parent/Teacher are free to enjoy the zoo.
Child must have their class name tag and adult must have zoo sticker, not only
to attend class but also to go into the zoo via Education's entrance. Additional family
members must pay regular zoo admission at the main entrance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
1. Cancellations must be in writing—no phone or email cancellations will be accepted.
Mail to: Education Department, OKC Zoo, 2101 NE 50th, OKC, OK 73111.
2. No refunds for cancellations made less than 7 days prior to program start date.
3. Classes are transferable to children in the same age group; however a 20% service charge
applies for any changes in the original registration.
4. The Zoo resereves the right to cancel classes if registration is below required minimum.
5. Programs are held "rain or shine" unless zoo is closed due to severe weather conditions.